Abstract Submission Guidelines:
- Abstracts may be submitted for poster presentation only.
- Abstracts must be submitted online via the Conference website www.apoc2018.org. Abstracts submitted by fax, email, or post will NOT be accepted.
- Abstracts must be submitted on or before 15 January 2018. The online submission system will close at midnight GMT on this day.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- Only paid registrants will have their submitted abstract reviewed.
- For enquiries with regards to abstract submission, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstracts accepted for poster presentation will be given a 10% reimbursement (based on the amount you paid for registration) during APOC 2018.
- There will be a total of 3 winners for each categories: Clinical Case, Research Works.
- Presentation of award will be held during the gala night.
Confirmation of Receipt and Notification of Decision
- After submitting your abstract, you will receive an email confirmation that your abstract has been received.
- Please contact the Secretariat if you submit an abstract and do not receive and email confirmation.
- Notifications regarding status of your abstract will be sent out on 20 January 2018.
Presentation at the Conference
- Instructions for preparation of poster presentations will be sent together with acceptance notifications.
- The Committee will endeavour to schedule abstracts according to authors’ preferences but reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation.
- For each abstract, at least one author is expected to attend the Conference. Presenting authors must register for the Conference and pay the registration fee.
- Only those abstracts for which a presenting author has registered by the registration deadline will be scheduled for presentation and included in the Conference Programme.
Preparing your Abstract for Submission
- The abstract should be as informative as possible and include the following details:
- Objectives: background and specific objective of the study
- Methods: description of methods used
- Results: summary of results obtained
- Conclusions: conclusions reached
- Abstracts must meet the following specifications:
- Abstract title – Limited to 25 words
- Abstract text – Limited to 300 words
- Abstract topic – Abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic for the Scientific Program. Please choose from the list of abstract topics.
- Please note that no graphs, images or tables should be included in your abstract.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Special or unusual abbreviations are not recommended. If otherwise necessary, the latter should be placed in parenthesis after the first appearance of the full word.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- The submission form at the link at the top of this page allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Programme.